This GemOro ultrasonic model is one of a kind. It is said that this is the only unit where a cleaner and a steamer are combined in one appliance unit. Whether the claim is true or not, this unit deserves your consideration and perhaps taking it to your home or your business to be your best and most convenient jewelry cleaning tool.
Cleaning jewelry items using this unit involves a two-stage process
- First, this unit has a faucet for blasting grime and dirt off your items. You open that part to spray hot water onto your rings, bracelets, necklaces, etc. The spray has a lot of pressure. Hopefully, that can soften hard elements deposited on your jewelry. The steaming pressure is about 50 lbs.
- Second, you put the already-blasted pieces into the GemOro solution ready for ultrasonic cleaning. For this cleaning phase, you will be provided with powerful cleaning waves that will pound on dirt with a frequency of 42000 waves per second.
Your jewelry will be subjected to 6 minutes of that kind of pounding and smashing. If, after three or four 6-minute cycles, you found this cleaner to be ineffective, you probably need a more effective solution for the kind of deposits that your jewelry items have.
You also have the following features:
- Use tap water. With the cleaning power that it has, sometimes there’s really no need to use a cleaning concentrate. You may also use simple green cleansers or just a mixture you can prepare at home.
- There is a built-in water funnel.
- Accessories have handles for easy moving and storage.
- There should be no problem when it comes for storage space as it has a compact design.
- This unit comes with baskets, tweezers for holding jewelry pieces, a measuring cup, and a steam residue mat.
- It comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- It does a better job than handheld steamers.
Independent Cleaning and Steaming Functions
What’s good about this model is that its steaming function is independent of its ultrasonic cleaning function. The steamer works independently from the cleaner and they have different power sources. You can use the cleaner without turning on the steamer function and vice versa.
Reversible and Repeatable Cleaning Process
The cleaning process is not fixed as the steps can be reversed:
- You can do the pressurized blasting first before subjecting your jewelry pieces to ultrasonic cleaning, or you can reverse the process.
- You can do the cleaning steps repeatedly — whether using the recommended sequence or the reverse sequence.
What this unit lacks are the following:
- Wattage power for cleaning – You need to know how much power it has for cleaning. More expensive units specify this feature. Power consumption is not specified either.
- It is not clear whether this unit is for jewelry cleaning only. The manufacturer doesn’t say if it is good for cleaning grease, carburetors, etc.
This steamer-cleaner device can do nice cleaning jobs. Whether it can do tough jobs has not been clarified. If you need to use it many times a month to keep your jewelry sparkling all the time, this machine will prove to be more than sufficient for the job.