Reloading and handloading are both terms that refer to the process of loading firearm cartridges via the manual assembly of the necessary components. This is, in contrast, to simply purchasing the bullets at a store. There are several advantages to reloading. First, you save money by reusing previously used ammunition. Also, you get an increase in accuracy because you can adapt the ammunition to your own preference. The best reloading kit is reliable, easy to use and durable.
What is a Reloading Kit?
Any time you fire a gun, an explosion occurs. This explosion forces the bullet from the brass and pushes it down the barrel of the gun. The force is tremendous, and overtime, the explosions cause the brass to stretch and distort. A reloading kit allows you to put a new bullet back together.
A basic reloading kit contains several different components.
- Reloading Press: A single stage press is best for beginners, while a turret or progressive press is best for high-volume reloading. The press is exactly what it sounds like. It presses the bullet into its brass casing;
- A Priming Tool: The primer ignites the propellant. Handheld priming tools have better control than bench mounted priming tools;
- A Powder Measurer: The powder measurer measures the gunpowder or propellant. The cheapest powder measurer is a dipper and a scale. A bench mounted measurer uses a hopper for accuracy;
- A Powder Dispenser: An electronic dispenser dispenses gunpowder to a precise weight;
- A Chamfer and Deburring Tool: This is a tool with two ends. One end is the chamfer. The chamfer adds a miniscule taper. This taper keeps the bullet aligned while seating, so it goes in straight. The other end is the deburring tool. The deburring tool removes any burrs from the brass.
There are many different options of reloading kits. Below is a list of the best reloading press and kit. We give the brief review of each press model. We aim to help buyers find their best reloading kits and press for their handguns without hassle.
The hand priming tool is extremely efficient. It is also very safe. The seating operation is separated from the primer. This prevents against accidental detonation during the reloading process. The cast metal priming tool is rugged and durable.
RCBS 9345 has some exciting additions. First is the informative manual. It covers all the basic components of reloading. Second is the deburring tool. A deburring tool does exactly what it sounds like. It removes burrs from trimmed brass. This makes the brass smooth and accurate.
You might be also interested in the review for RCBS Case Cleaners.
Set your dies a single time with the Lock and Load Bushings. Lock the dies into place. You will not need to worry about setting them again. The kit includes a chamfer and deburring tool as well as an instructional manual.
This is the best Hornady reloading kit. It is extremely reliable and durable and can run smoothly and accurately. It is easy to use and very safe. This makes it an ideal entry-level reloading kit.
Choose your Hornady Lock N Load Sonic Cleaner following the detailed buying guide.
The initial setup can be quite frustrating. Customer reviews report unclear directions. Once the product is constructed and ready to use, it is highly favored. However, the reality is that you may spend more time than you want to set it up.
The product stands out for its speed. The five-station press enables lightening fast quick change. In fact, this is one of the fastest reloading kits available. It can reload up to five hundred rounds an hour.
We also have buying guide and reviews for gun cleaners. We try to help users get their guns work more efficiently.